Below are listed all of the currently available positions at MST. If you wish to apply for any vacant position at MST, please send a cover letter and C.V. or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants are invited to read our Student Protection Policy before submitting their application.
Only those who will be invited to proceed to the first stage of the recruitment process as potential candidates for a role will be contacted.
Additional information for making an application is listed underneath.
The Montessori School of Tokyo (MST) is seeking AMI Trained Guides to join our team. As our school continues to grow, we seek experienced and committed guides to support our community of children aged 2 to 15.
We are seeking AMI trained guides in all programmes:
• Little People Programme (ages 2-3)
• Sunshine Programme (ages 3-6)
• Lower Elementary (ages 6-9)
• Upper Elementary (ages 9-12)
• Middle School (ages 12-15)
MST is accredited by the International Montessori Council (IMC) and offers the chance to join a highly qualified faculty. We are proud of our well-equipped classrooms and other facilities including a wonderful garden and well-stocked library. We enjoy the support of a diverse parent community that represents over 30 countries.
With approximately 200 students currently enrolled, and a strategic plan to grow to around 250, we are Japan's largest Montessori school, offering competitive salaries and benefits and the opportunity to work with a supportive and experienced administrative staff.
For more school information, please visit www.montessorijapan.com
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Native English speaker (or high level of fluency, including in written expression)
• AMI Diploma
• Willingness to work for at least 3 years at MST
• Growth mindset
• Experience with ‘Transparent Classroom'
• Strong organizational skills
• 3 years of classroom experience
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com, explaining why you are interested, and a suitable candidate for a position at MST.
• Montessori Training Centre where Diploma was received (and a copy of diploma)
• Date of graduation
• Age level of qualifications
• Current and previous school(s)
• Number of years employed, and position held in each job
• Names and contact details of at least two references. All applications will be treated confidentially and references will only be contacted after the initial communication with you.
• Only short-listed candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.
Amongst other relevant information, please include all the following when applying for faculty positions:
• Montessori Training Center where Diploma was received.
• Date of graduation
• Age level of qualification
• Affiliation of Training Center (AMI, AMS, MACTE accredited etc.)
• Current and previous school(s) worked at
• Number of years worked and position held in current (and previous) classroom(s)
• All applications will be treated confidentially and references will only be requested after further communication.
The above positions both give an opportunity to join a dynamic and international learning community. Situated in the heart of Tokyo, MST is a close-knit community of over 100 families with a Toddler through Adolescent enrolment.
Our truly international school represents over 30 countries and we enjoy a vibrant parent community and an experienced and diverse faculty, contributing to the cultural, recreational and educational enrichment of life at MST.
Accredited by the International Montessori Council and a member of the Japan Council of International Schools, our core values of Confidence, Respect & Compassion, guide our interactions throughout the community.
- Maria Montessori